(1) The personally identifiable information that you provide is considered confidential and except as otherwise explained below in Paragraph C, such information will not be provided to others.
(2) Nu Skin employs the technology of Verisign, as evidenced by the Verisign Secure Site Seal on the Web Site. This means that all information sent to the Web Site, if in a Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") session with Nu Skin, is encrypted, protecting such information against disclosure to third parties as further explained below in Paragraph E.
B. The Information Nu Skin Collects
1. General Information
Nu Skin may collect certain General Information automatically, including "site usage" information from all visitors to the Web Site. Such data is used only in the aggregate. General Information helps Nu Skin determine general usage patterns and modify the Web Site in order to improve your experience. This type of General Information may be shared with third parties any time.
Nu Skin may, at times, use a technology nicknamed "cookies" that tells Nu Skin how and when pages in our Web Site are visited, and by how many people. Nu Skin cookies do not collect Personal Information and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or even what your e-mail address is. We may also provide statistical General Information to our Nu Skin affiliates as to how our customers use our Web Site. The Web Site may include content from other parties that may perform user activity tracking other than that described herein. In particular, some of our third party vendors may use "cookies" in ways that we do not.
2. Personal Information
There are times when Nu Skin may specifically ask for information about you when you sign up to use a service or when you order a product. Nu Skin may need certain Personal Information - such as name, Internet address, billing address, type of computer, or credit card number -in order to provide that service or product to you. We may also use that Personal Information to let you know of additional products and services about which you might be interested unless you choose not to receive such information.
C. Use and Disclosure of Information
1. How Nu Skin Uses the Information
You acknowledge and agree that Nu Skin has the right to use Personal Information and General Information and any other information (collectively "Information") that Nu Skin collects from or about you through its Web Site. Except as otherwise explained herein, unless Nu Skin has your consent, or is required (or permitted) by law, Nu Skin will not share your Information with any unaffiliated entity.
2. Who Nu Skin Shares Your Information With
(1) Request or knowingly collect Personal Information from persons under 13 years of age ("Children");
(2) Knowingly use or share Personal Information from persons under 13 years of age with third parties;
(3) Give Children the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute Personal Information; and
(4) Entice Children with the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity to divulge Personal Information.
Nu Skin does not knowingly collect information about Children and believes that children should get their parents' consent before giving out any personally identifiable information. We encourage you to participate in your child's experience on the Internet and to review important safety tips with each child before he or she explores the Internet.
E. Security Procedures
F. Applicable Law/International Issues
Because Nu Skin is committed to protecting your privacy, Information that is submitted to this Site will be collected, processed, stored, disclosed and disposed of in accordance with applicable U.S. law. If you are a non-U.S. user, you acknowledge and agree that we may collect and use your personal data and disclose it to other entities, as discussed in "Who Nu Skin Shares Your Information With" above, outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, such Information may be stored on servers located outside your resident jurisdiction. U.S. law may not provide the degree of protection for Information that is available in other countries. By providing us with your Information, you acknowledge that you have read this Policy, understand it, agree to its terms and consent to the transfer of such Information outside your resident jurisdiction. If you do not consent to the terms of this Policy, please do not use this Site.
G. How to Update or Delete your Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our web site:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
H. Linked Internet Websites
The Web Site provides hyperlinks, which are highlighted words or pictures within a hypertext document that, when clicked, take you to another place within the document, to another document altogether, or to other web sites not controlled by Nu Skin. These hyperlinked web sites may contain privacy provisions that are different from those provided herein. Nu Skin is not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of information collected through these web sites or links, and Nu Skin expressly disclaims any and all liability related to such collection, use, or disclosure.
J. How to Contact Nu Skin